This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Merek,  you've gotta think outside the box for this
> one.  You go to the local
> auctions, people ARE handling the horses.  A quick
> swipe with an alcohol
> swab, and then a quick ink stamp and voila.

Great idea - but what would you do with a horse that
HAS no chestnuts?  While brushing Sindar yesterday
prior to the farrier's visit, I noticed that he has NO
chestnuts anywhere.  And, no, it's not because they
are lost in his winter coat - the farrier checked too
and could not find any.  Possibly some horses
periodically shed their chestnuts?  Which would also
make it difficult to identify those horses until their
chestnuts grew in again.

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman