This message is from: "Catherine Lassesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We have a AVID scanner that reads both Canadian and NFHR Chips. It also
reads AVID chips that we place in our "other" horses.  (AQHA APHA and the
rest do not have rules yet for chipping.) Our Vet which chips many more dogs
than horses says that a chip can fall out or move in the body of a dog. So
when they cannot find a chip where it is normally to go, they scan the full
body of the dog. We just recently could not find a chip in a Fjord baby. I
scanned and scanned. It had either fell out or moved to the "places
unknown". I was there when we chipped her and read her after inserting the
chip. So, I know with my own eyes it went in. But with babies that play
hard, it could have come out or it could have moved.  I will next time chip
in a stall and scan the sight within 24 hours to verify it stayed in.
Catherine Lassesen