This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Jean,

 Are you sure that you are not compromising the utility of the safety
stirrups by putting the rubber band on the "inboard" side?  I was taught to
put the rubber band on the outside.  Changes the tilt of the stirrup to  put
it on the inside (I think) and, with the band on the inside, seems like the
horse's body would stop the outward pressure that would help break the
rubber band?

Gail (Gunthar & Rom's mommy in CA)

At 10:07 AM 2/9/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Anneli, re safety stirrups.  I have the rubber band type and have for over
>twelve-fourteen years.  I put the stirrup on the leather so that the rubber
>is toward the horse and then do not have to go on answering questions about
>them.
  That meant to me that the stirrups
>had held the boots until gravity pulled my feet out.  So it took a heavy
>(me) yank (yikes)  to free my feet, but it did. It seems to me that without
>the safety stirrups I would have been dragged by a very wild horse.   I am
>still using them.
>
>There is another type of safety stirrup that I have in antique style where
>it is an extra foot rest and swings away from the stiff one.  If I can find
>them I will send you a picture with my Sony!   Jean

Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Clicker List Web Site : http://clickryder.cjb.net