This message is from: Don & Jane Brackett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I always prepare a bag of carrot pieces and have my pockets full of them
when the farrier comes.

My farrier calls my mare "a stubborn little horse". She lets him have
each foot for a certain length of time and when the time is up she
leans!  :)  Thankfully, he is a very patient man and her antics just
inspire a large sigh!  So I thought that perhaps a little incentive
would help.  Carrot pieces actually work quite well for her, she knows
she'll get another piece if she gives me (or the farrier) a foot for
another 30 seconds.  But Geilo, Don's gelding, gets so excited that he
can't even think, much less pick up a foot!  He has treats later when he
can devote his full attention to eating.
Jane in Maine where each snow fall is followed by rain making for icy
and crusty conditions.  NOT good for Fjording :(