This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Marion, so good to hear how well she is coming along and trusting you
despite her past ordeals.  "The Unfiendly One"  Gunnar is doing better after
a year.  However today the farrier was here and Gunnar was taken away from
his food.  He was angry and nipped at my hand while I held him and I boxed
his nose.  I invariably forget the farrier is holding a hoof when I correct
my horses.  I got glares from Gunnar and the farrier but no retaliation.
Other than that,  he is more (Gunnar) friendly, acts like an old pro in
harness and wonders why we are banging his sides with the poles.  I am even
getting a fairly decent leg yield on the right, more difficult on the left.
He will work for however long you want.  So these fjords are forgiving.  But
it is something to see those angry eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Jean

Jean Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 TO 1949 ]