This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: Jean Ernest
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Alison, I don't think the Canadian Fjord Horse
> Association has any rules
> aginst breeding to other species such as donkeys and
> zebras.  I also can't
> think of a really good reason to ban it in the NFHR
> (donning flame suit and
> ducking flames from Nova Scotia) Mules and
> zebra-horse crosses can't
> reproduce and isn't that the reason for banning
> cross breeding in the first
> place?

Jean,

Well said!  I couldn't agree more.  There are places
where well-bred mules are very useful.  I think it is
a disservice to the mule population to ban the
production of a mule from a breed of horse that would
probably produce a very excellent light-duty mule.

Mary - also donning flame suit and hoping for rain!!

=====
Mary Thurman
Raintree Farms
[EMAIL PROTECTED]