This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Vivian, I so agree with your statement of horse mills and auction horses.
However the awful truth is that some of us fall into the cracks and so do
the animals.  whether it is the newborn gazelle that the lion gets or the
horse who is sent to slaughter.  I like to hide from this as it is so
painful.  I.e. turn off the wonderful animal pictures from Africa etc when
the killing begins.  I have also ceased to be friends with a person who sent
her two healthy horses for slaughter.

There are always the people who are driven by greed, i.e. the recent oil
raises, or have no sense of life's beauties to begin with.  One has to
wonder what kinds of beginnings the latter had.

I do not think we should be so alarmed by crossbreeding as it occurs
everywhere.  There are enough people who appreciate the purebreds to keep
them going unless there is famine, war etc.  There is still an aire of "he
is a purebred" that gives us an edge above the cross bred. Not to mention
the $$$   It is when someone tries to pass off a crossbred as a pure that we
should jump in.  Here with this situation of Blonken I sense the latter.
Could be wrong.

Jean

Jean Gayle
Aberdeen, WA