This message is from: "Denise Delgado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

dear ruthie,  my farrier told me that removing shoes in the winter gives the
foot a bit of a break.  it allows the hoof wall to expand and flatten out
the bottom of the sole so the frog can make better contact with the ground
and increases foot circulation with each step.  makes sense and sounds like
a good story.  he's a very good farrier, keeps up to date and is always
going to farrier seminars.  be interested in hearing from a farrier on this
one.  denise in clearing showers and blue sky on the horizon, northern
california.