This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Ingrid Ivic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I find it
> hard to believe animals
> do not have a soul, or spirit, or whatever we choose
> to call it (I need to
> believe there is a better place for them also, after
> they've lived here on
> this earth)....how about anyone else?

Ingrid,

I think sometimes our "religions" limit God(or
whatever you want to call him) too much.  Why they try
to define the undefineable, limit the limitless, etc.,
is beyond me.  Why would he give life to a thing and
not give it a spirit?  It makes no sense.  I assume he
loves, and is proud of, ALL things he has made - so
why would he give a spirit/soul to only one of those
creations?  And why would he provide a "heaven" for
only humans?  I was taught that all things - human,
animal, plant, etc. - were created by the Creator to
work together for the good of this world.  ALL are due
honor and respect.  So why would they not have some
sort of spirit?  I think we humans - who think we know
so much - really know very little about the world
around us.  We try to limit and define it too much.

Now people will KNOW I am certifiably nuts!!

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman
Raintree Farms