This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Susan--

Thursday, December 16, 1999, you wrote:

> Of course, I have my share of messes such as trying to get the skunk
> smell out of a long haired barn cat. Yes, I tried tomato juice which
> everyone recommended but no one had tried themselves ...
> Unfortunately, the tomato juice did little good. So much for that
> wives tale!

  Here's a skunk remedy I know works. I used to be a coon hunter, and
  one night the hounds ran into a skunk out in the woods. As we were
  out in the middle on nowhere and had many miles to travel with the
  dogs in the back seat we were in a quandary as to what to do. One of
  the old-timers grabbed handsful of marijuana leaves, which grows
  wild along every fence-row around here, and rubbed the hounds with
  them. A couple more good rubdowns with the wild pot, and the dogs
  were acceptable company on the ride home, with only a pleasant resin
  odor. I realize that everyone doesn't have the abundance of wild
  marijuana we do here, but if you've got it, it works!

--
Steve McIlree -- Pferd & Skipper -- Omaha, Nebraska, USA
  Have you driven a Fjord, lately?