This message is from: Cynthia_Madden/OAA/UNO/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Peg,
Well, I am not  as knowledgeable as Ursula, I'll grant, but I have some first
hand experience in this matter. I think your suggestion to your husband is
correct. Several years ago, an automatic waterer used by our horses developed a
short and they would get a slight shock when they tried to drink. The waterer
was promptly fixed but the horses were not convinced. They would stand around
the waterer, obviously thirsty, and snort and mill, but not approach it. They
had learned their lesson. So I went up to the waterer and offered myself as
sacrifical drinker and pretended to drink out of it. The head horse then got up
the courage to try it and soon they were all drinking thirstily out of the
waterer.

Sometimes we just have to set an example for our horses and they so often do for
us.

Cynthia Madden
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]