This message is from: Ursula Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all....it's just after midnight and I have just come in from the
barn. Our Heia (Gromar/Hazel) and Penfrydds Raynor (Konggard and
Velsigne) are proud parents (again) of a beautiful filly. Born Dec 1
about 9:30 pm.

I checked Heia's milk this morning when I sent her out to pasture and
it was clear, so kinda thought something would happen today. Kept an
eye on her most of the day as I worried that she might go into the
bushes and have her foal...Tonight about 10:15 I went out to check her
before going to bed and the foal was on the ground and partially dry .
She (foal) jumped right up and was nursing within 15 min. I dried her
with warm towels and put a foal blanket on her . She seems just
fine....strong as a horse one might say....with huge knees and strong
legs. She measures 38" to the shoulder so she is about 2" taller than
last years 'Red'.(Heia's first foal. We had expected this baby about
the 12th of Dec. but there is no sign of pre-maturity at all. She is
strong , very alert and curious and soooooo darn cute. Time to get to
bed..., I will check her again now, before retiring and B will be up
at 3 to have another look but all seems fine so far. Temps. are above
freezing and it's raining a bit but mare and foal are dry and cozy in
the barn.... We expect another baby in two weeks so will have a
nursery going here this Christmas.....not something we had planned but
another lesson that Mother Nature taught us about never saying never.

Ursula & Brian Jensen
Trinity Fjords
Box 1032 Lumby BC Canada V0E-2G0
http://okjunc.junction.net/~ujensen/