This message is from: "Ursula Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi List!  I'm sure most of you are aware of the major hurricane Floyd
> which is predicted to be a major hit on Florida (at least at this point
> in time).  It doesn't look good.
Hi Carolyn...I can't even imagine how scary that is....our prayers are
definitely with you. Take care and the best of luck....I will now listen
extra carefully to the weather reports from the States.

Welcome back Saskia....go with your heart. (if you can afford it)
 The veterinarian doing the pulse and respiration checks said heavily
> muscled horses take longer to cool down. He held her back for a 20 minute
> rest mid-trail, which accounted for most of the loss in score.
Barbara, remember that Fjords are cold-bloods and keep their heat longer to
warm their organs, this is definitely a consideration when doing events like
that. We have a mare in our 4-in-hand- who does not like to sweat (maybe a
girl thing) but she is always hard to cool after a marathon and is always
our first consideration at P&R stops. She is a more drafty type compared to
Sambar, Stein and Sakama who sweat profusely after the first km and have no
problem ridding themselves of excess heat. Right now our horses are starting
to get their winter fur already and with another marathon this weekend , we
even considered a partial clip but decided against it with winter so close.
We will just do what we can. Our four are in great shape for what we are
able to do in a short season and we will just have to go with that.

Like Nancy, our thoughts were in Libby this weekend. Our nightly phone calls
from Aaren and our students kept us abreast of how the show went. The new
star of the show was Beth Beimer who came away with the versatility award
and racked up many 1st place standings.....way to go girl.
We were thrilled that so many of our driving students from the summer came
away with 1st and 2nd place ribbons. Beth Beimer, Woody Hoopes, Kathy
Rollins and Don Torgenrud.......ya done did us proud and I'm looking forward
to the Brag Alerts this week....we'll give you a day or two to unload and
rest up.

We, on the other hand , are  packing the trailer for the last time this year
to head for the Victoria Horse Trials on Thurs. This is a CDE that has
become quite popular here on the west coast and attracts many very competent
drivers in the Pacific North West. The four-in-hand are primed and ready to
go....we will probably be the only ones driving a four but that's ok...it
will show the Fjords in grand style. Kathy and Errol Koshman will also
compete this year and Sue Billings usually drives her Fjord Tekla ....a good
representation of Fjords. With any luck we will get Anton hooked on the
sport in years to come...
Have a nice week everyone.
Ursula