This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Susan,

I am commenting on your abscess problem because it happened to me twice when
my Fjords were trimmed too short, or had too much sole removed. I have had
Fjords of different lines and they all seem to show that they do not have
much sole in their foot(by radiographs). Has anyone else noticed this, too?
If too much sole gets removed it can making bruising and abscesses more
common. Now that I have switched farriers and insist that they do not carve
out the bottom of the foot, or trim too short, I haven't had another abscess.

Elaine Olsen