This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Mike May, Registrar NFHR" wrote:
> ........  If you only do one horse I
> expect it would cost over $2,000.00.  If you do have 25 horses maybe it can
> get down to say $80 - $100 per horse.

Who is "you" - an owner of an individual horse would have to pay $2,000!?
That is big bucks ... or is it if "they" do 25 horses at that particular
eval each owner would pay about $100 for each of their horses?

It would be nice for owners to know what their cost was going to be in
advance. It seems to me that if this is to be done "right" you need to:

- Set a fixed cost per horse. Set it so that should cover expenses in most
cases, then keep the excess when there is any and apply it to those that
cost more for whatever reason.
- Set up a schedule of regular (say yearly) evaluations in each "region".
- Set a minimum number of horses that have to attend in order for the
evaluation to be held.

Of course, if there are no trained evaluators, this is all pretty moot.

Lori