This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Denise wrote:
"..i have found that a thin rope halter...work best.."

I have to disagree Denise. I use both types of halters, and as this is a learned behaivor to slip out of the restraint of a halter,no matter whayt type. It is completely different than pulling back or acting up in hand or tied. I also know that no matter how "hard" you tie the knot, there is slippage, and inevietable escape. Do a neck strap or bowline knot and you eliminate this problem. We've been dealing with Sven's behaivor for over 12 years now...and that of some of his offspring who seem to have the same pre-occupaton...and I know I am not the only one faced with this "problem"!

nite,
   Karen