This message is from: "Denise Delgado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

dear marsha jo,
i have heard of the "cowboy" method and seen it in books.  i wouldn't use it
on my horse.  a noted clinician was asked about horses that pull, being tied
up like this....  (a clinic i attended last summer).  he mentioned the
method you described and said he had personally seen this done.  the horse
died from asphyxiation, after pulling back hard enough to faint, then the
body weight added more weight and squeezed the girth line even more.
obviously this horse wasn't watched while being tied like this.   a terrible
shame.  denise