This message is from: "HS Kane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Friends,

I've got a fjord question for you. My Red is 3 1/2 years old now. He is
driving nicely and works with and around children like a trouper. Here it
is. He does a lovely trott but really fights the canter under saddle. He
will pick up the canter in the lounge ok, but has a real problem getting the
left lead. I havent worried about this because of his age and because I want
him to be a nice driver. Should I be working him in the canter at this age
or wait till spring?  It is (*&[EMAIL PROTECTED]&*  cold here in Wisconsin so I
work him maybe only 2 times per week according to the weather. We have owned
other breeds but this is my first Fjord. I want to keep him forever, so I
dont want to push him too early. By the way, I have him working with kids
with disabilities from the public schools. It is my goal to develop his
abilities in this area. I do not intend to show him at any great level.

Thanks in advance for your advise. I am an avid reader of the digest, just
dont write much.

Sheri and Red