This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  I'm not saying an
> allaround
> vet can't do it all so please don't anyone read that into it.  For
> me, I
> feel better having my horses seen by and treated by a vet that does
> horses only.

Yesterday I took my cat to a small animal vet.  I've been doing horses
only for the past 8 years, so I just didn't trust myself to mess with
him.  Turns out that his urinary tract was obstructed.

I sure wouldn't go to a cardiologist for a stomach ache.  Veterinary
medicine is getting specialized just like human medicine.  The good ol'
country doctor treating all the farm animals and pets is fading fast.
Technology is just changing to fast to keep up with all the species.
Although, I do miss treating the different animals sometimes.

Steve White
Waterloo, NE