This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My black Labrador, Crickett, isn't my barn dog anymore.  She quit the job and
I can't persuade her to come back to work!  When we got home from vacation
she followed me to the barn when I walked down to let Aagot out.  Feeling
frisky, Aagot chased her all the way back up the hill and plum out of the
pasture ... and Crickett won't forgive her!  It scared her!  Now the only dog
who will escort me to the barn is my fat, creamy yellow Labrador, Carly, whom
Aagot has always considered to be the perfect beach ball!  Once Carly
mock-attacked Aagot's muzzle when Aagot got too forward which makes me feel
that she can take care of herself better than I give her credit for; but, on
the whole, Carly is just too trusting for me to relax when the horses are
feeling their oats.  Crickett was fast enough and sharp-witted enough that I
didn't have to worry about her around the horses.  She was a good barn dog.
Plus, she has a bit of a guarddog temperament that was comforting in a dark
barn at night.  My horses have never hurt my dogs, but it is an ongoing
concern.

The problem with cats is ... they don't care if it's a Black Rat or an Indigo
Bunting - it's history!!!!!

Crickett should come back to her old position when Dorina gets home and she
gets to go out with us when we go riding again!!!!!