This message is from: Mark and Lisa McGinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Mary,

When I'm in one of the stalls or in an inclosed space I hook the panic snap to
the tie spot and the bull snap to the halter.  Someone pointed out to me that
if there was a "panic" situation it would be easier to get to the panic snap if
it wasn't right by the horse.  BUT If you hook up this way outside and the
horse becomes a runaway it has a line or tie connected to it that could be a
problem.  A friend of my parents down in El Paso had a young horse who took off
and the lead line kept slapping him in the flank which made him go even
faster.  He endend up being injured badly in the ordeal.  This was just a lead
line without a snap on the end so it didn't weigh as much but I still worry
about what a crosstie would do.  It could wrap around the feet.  So when I'm
tying them up outside I do it the opposite.

Sorry to hear about your Vet.  It seems like he just got there!  I'll keep my
fingers crossed for you to get another.

Mark McGinley
Mariposa Farm