This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just an update on the friendly one, aka Gunnar, aka friendlier one, aka
unfriendly one.  Well you all can go on about your rides and ribbons but I
got the big reward today.  I was out in the field picking poop and along
came Gunnar.  First he tried to dissect the riding mower after nosing
through the poop in the wagon.  A sprig of alfalfa anywhere will do.  Then
he came over and stood beside me so I brushed him which he loves.  Back to
work and he came over and attempted to take the pitch fork from me.  He
actually held it and then gave it back.  I scratched his muzzle, dared a
kiss and scratched the ears.  Glory be, we are friends after one and a half
years.  Who knows I might ride tomorrow.  Jean

Jean Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 TO 1949 ]