This message is from: "Catherine Lassesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have leased and have leased out horses... I have a very strong view on
leasing.

Unless you know the person very well, I would not lease a horse out again.
Each horse even with the strict rules and in writing we have had returned in
poor shape. The only ones that work out is leasing and keeping the horse on
property. That way I had a daily supervision of the horse.  I guess a large
deposit would do... but if they can afford the deposit... then they usually
can afford to buy.  Leasing to handicap facilities has worked well for us.
The facility takes very good care of them and we get them back with MANY
HOURS of riding on them.

When I have leased horses..I have always treated them BETTER than my own...
And I have never had a complaint from the owners...  But I could not live
with myself if I returned a horse in poor condition.

My 2 cents worth... Catherine Lassesen