This message is from: "mizgriz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I sent this in last week but never saw it published on the list so I'm
resending it.

We had our fifth foal (fourth filly) of the year so far born last week.
It was extra special because Dave, my husband actually got to watch a
birth for the first time.  mom started labor at about 9am on a nice
sunny morning and baby Katanka was born at 9:55. We have a picture of
her on our website,  www.fawncreekfjords.com .  We expect two more foals
in August.

I was thinking of trying olive oil on slightly dry hooves.  Does anyone
know if that's a good or bad idea?  Also, any ideas of where to get the
best buy on a logging/draft type harness?

It was nice to get the information about Cliff Baltzley.  We have a 12
yr. old mare, Anitra (Dragtind daughter, Grabb grand-daughter) who came
from his farm.  She's one of those very calm and fearless type horses
and passes that quality on to her offspring. I've wondered if that came
from the Dragtind side or the Grabb side (or both?).

I also liked the "how to take a picture of your filly".  I have trouble
taking pictures of loose horses and getting anything but eyeballs and
nostrils.

Dianna
Fawn Creek Fjordhorses