This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 6/10/00 7:29:36 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Geilo is most definately the boss of the two
 though I've never seen him act like a stud in any way.

There's always a dominant horse. It's natural herd behavior and  based on
wisdom, age, personality -- and who knows what they say to each other in
their own language.  In domestic situations it can be the mare or the
gelding.  I grew up with horses that weren't brought in off the reservation
until they were 2 or 3 and most of them made fine pets.  But horses usually
find horses more interesting than people.  I suspect (don't know) imprinting
is overrated.   {flame suit thoroughly in place].  I read a study where
people were asked at the end of 6 months to guess which of 12 foals had been
imprinted and which had not (they'd all been handled daily).  Nobody could
tell.         Gail-Dorine in Las Cruces