This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,
  We also have electric fence. To solve the problem of the ponies pushing
against the fence when its not on, I hide by the switch (in the garage) and
keep watch (with the fence off). As soon as one touches the fence I flip the
switch and ZAP! This keeps them off the fence when its off ;-)  They can't
rely on listening to the fence to find out if it "bites". My fence also
packs a pretty good wallop and has a well-grounded extra strand.

  I hope everyone has a wonderful happy and safe Christmas.

Laura
  From Ottawa where its barely winter - just below 32f with some snow/slush
on the ground.