This message is from: "Cheryl Beillard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just thought I'd add the newest show to the list . We had to cancel the Ontario
show this fall, too close to 9/11 for most of us to want to participate and of
course the border crossing would have been impossible for the American horses
that were scheduled to attend.  But we ARE holding it for sure this fall ..
Pat's  not on line much these days (and I shouldn't be .. too much work!) but I
know he'd want to make sure that people know about it.

Also wanted to confirm that Olaf Nyby is going to be out west this fall, as well
as further south  .. and while his dance card is almost full for both the spring
series out east, and the western loop in the fall, if any of you on the Canadian
side hanker to organize a 2 day clinic in early June or October, let me know.
We had a wonderful session here last spring, most participants are coming back
for more May 4-5 (private lessons available May 3) .. he is wonderful to watch
and I found that the several lessons I have had have really given me confidence
to do more and more.  And as he works more with fjords over here, I think he's
gaining a whole new appreciation for the breed because we ask so much more than
the average Norwegian farmer of our horses.

Re pricing, Vivien .. I have no problem with your analogy  .. and what strikes
me even more, is that there are so few fjords in North America, by comparison,
that in addition to what we expect them to do, for often much less money than
one would expect to pay for that warmblood or TB prospect, the supply is so
limited, particularly of those who are trained sufficiently to show well against
other breeds.

And yes, Olaf and I are still working toward our surprise event in Ottawa in
May -- once I know it's really in the bag, I'll let you all in on it.

A dusting of snow, sun and not too cold .. it looks like we're going to have a
traditional Xmas here after all.