This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 09:19 AM 12/12/2001 -0400, you wrote:
This message is from: Arthur and Carol Rivoire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'll do that.  I know you understand, Mike, that I'm just trying to improve
something I see as needing attention.  The point is (as you say) trying to
get as many horses in the data base as possible, and to do it in the most
efficient way possible.

Yes this is true.

By the way, I checked my book of registration certificates, and five of our
imported horses have completed pedigrees, meaning that when I sent in their
transfer applications, you had all the info in your computer.  One of those
horses came the same year as the one that appeared with all the holes in
her certificate.  The point being that the Registry's data base is very
extensive, and it's only the odd horse that comes up with blanks.  This
being the case, perhaps you could notify the owner, and get that odd horse
taken care of.

Yes the database is pretty extensive & it grows every day. Right now it has 6,245 Fjord horses in it.

I also noticed that some of our U.S. born and bred mares over 15 years old
have holes in their pedigree certificates.  Two are Solar daughters, and
the other imported in utero.  Most likely, if I send those certificates
back for upgrading, you now have that information in the computers.

You can check to see yourself before sending them in. Just go to the web site & type in their name or part of it. When it finds the correct horse click on its name & you will see the five generation pedigree on line. If there are holes in it then I don't have the info in the database. If you wish to get the information from the official source & send it in or have it sent to me directly I will update the database when I get time to do so.

Again, the point is that it's probably a fairly unusual case to come up
with holes in the pedigree, so it wouldn't be a lot of extra work for you
to either take care of it yourself, or contact the owner before completing
the certificate.  Best Regards,    Carol

Actually it is fairly common to not have a full 5 generation pedigree on imported horses. The stallion lines are usually not a problem but there are many different mares that are not in any of our horses lines yet.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Executive Director & Registrar
Voice 585-872-4114
FAX 585-787-0497

http://www.nfhr.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]