This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Carol R. wrote:
"...Anybody might presume that those horses are Quarter Horses or
Morgans, or whatever, but maybe not pure-bred Fjordhorses . . . which,
of course, they are...."

It is clear to me you have decided that it is acceptable for you to buy
and import Fjords with a pedigree complete only to the 3rd generation.
You are also sufficiently confident in the pedigrees of these horses to
register them with the NFHR on the basis of a 3-generation pedigree.
And, finally, you are quite willing to represent these Fjords as 100%
purebred to your buyers.

It has been my observation that the reputation of Beaver Dam Farm as a
breeder and importer of quality Fjords hinges in large part on the
sterling pedigrees of your stock. If it's not necessary for you to do
the research to fill in all those glaring holes in the 4th and 5th
generations of your horses' pedigrees BEFORE YOU purchase them, then why
should anyone else, including the Registrar, be concerned after the
fact?

DeeAnna