This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello All,
    Before we bought our animals, we put in all new fence around our place.
We used treated 4 x 4 posts and treated 2 x 6 lumber for the 3 rail fence.
Posts on 8 ft centers.  It has worked out very well. (dug 85 postholes by
hand) Of course, since we have pigmy goats, we put welded wire fence on the
inside right to the ground to keep the little rascals in.  We then put a hot
wire about 8 inches up from ground.  This keeps the horse, donkey, alpaca and
sheep away from the welded wire so they don't get feet caught.  Jean, the
lumber yards have lots of good treated lumber these days--and in your wet
area, it is certainly needed. (We have a son in Shelton and were there for
Thanksgiving so know your area) We have never had a chewing problem and for
that we are thankful.  Our neighbors animals chew the boards all the time.
We have always wondered if it is a mineral missing that caused them to chew,
or just habit.
    We are having a nice sunny 45 degree day in Othello, but more rain in
forecast.
    Dave Sperl  Othello, Washington