This message is from: Don Brackett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Karen,
I think any horse takes time to adjust to a new home and new people. My mare was a cuddlebug from day one but our gelding took several months to settle in and it was close to a year before he was affectionate and welcomed lots of attention.

We've been having a blast hauling our firewood in from the woods. Osa loves to pull! Her attitude is so much more positive when doing draft stuff than when riding! A partridge came up practically under her nose the other day and she just twitched her ears. She'll stand all day waiting for us to finish loading just looking around the woods. What a great girl.

We are looking for some sort of clips to attach the trace extenders to the tree. We've tried several methods of attaching the chain to the tree and feel there must be some piece of hardware out there that would work better and quicker. Anyone have suggestions? Osa's pulling a sled (old snowmobile runners with a box built on top to hold split and cut up fire wood), we put two bales of hay in it for seats for people when it's not in use for wood. Jane, in Maine where it snowed today and now is raining. Many people's wells have gone dry in the last few months and we're all a little nervous that it'll freeze hard before we get enough rain to refill them....

Karen Keith wrote:

This message is from: "Karen Keith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Now, here's my theory. I bought this guy at auction. The lady selling him said she'd had him since Feb and only picked him up to resell. I know he was bred in NM. I figure I'm either his third or fourth owner in his four years. (I bought him, coincidentally, on his fourth birthday.) So, maybe he is just reserved about bonding with humans? Waddayathink?