This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pamela,

> I think it sounds wonderful!  It would be great if, whenever possible, the
> horses could be re-registered and brought back "into the fold".

Thanks!  We are trying to accomplish a few different things, namely
attempting to see how successful it could be for rescues to work hand in hand
with the dominant registry.

In regard to Fjords specifically, we believe it would be a good thing to try
to decipher exactly how these Fjords are ending up in slaughter house
facilities by attempting to track their history.  Plus yes, we can reregister
them, or register them if their parents are on file with the NFHR and maybe
even the CFHA, I think.  I suppose if they were traceable through the CFHA,
we could register them with them then cross register them with the NFHR.
Will have to ask Mike, I am afraid I am getting so tired I am not thinking
straight!  :)

Lastly, if they are untraceable or crossbreeds, we can hopefully negate them
being bred through the adoption contracts which will help keep the Fjord
breed pure.

We will see!

Lynda C. Welch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vice President, Norwegian Fjord Representative

For donations to save a Fjord, please visit PayPal.com
and enter [EMAIL PROTECTED]

United Equine Foundation
http://www.unitedequinefoundation.org/homepage.htm

Lynda and Daniel
Bailey's Norwegian Fjords
Quality Fjords--Equine Transportation--Hand-braided Tack & Accessories
White Cloud, MI
231-689-9902
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hometown.aol.com/baileysfjords/