May has agreed to look over this addendum and help me with it, which is very
appreciated!

So far, the plan for this addendum is as follows:

#1.  Every Fjord rescued and brought to our facility without any paperwork
will be scanned and/or DNA tested.  If we are able to trace said Fjord we
will complete all NFHR required paperwork to register said Fjord.

#2.  I will then contact both the last owner and the breeder to tell them we
have their Fjord, and ascertain if they wish to adopt said Fjord back or not.
 HOWEVER, no breeder or Fjord owner of said Fjord will be allowed to adopt
back a Fjord if they personally brought said Fjord to auction.  Furthermore,
if either last owner or breeder wishes to adopt said Fjord, this will have to
go before the Officers of the United Equine Foundation for discussion and
approval depending on individual situation.  In such an instance, the UEF
Officers may decide to request the assistance of Mike May or another BOD
member of the NFHR, again, depending on circumstance.

#3.  Any Fjord or Fjord cross we rescue that we cannot find parentage on
through either microchip or DNA testing will have a no breeding clause
stipulated in the adoption contract.  All colts or stallions will be required
to be gelded and all mares will not be allowed to be bred.  We feel this is
the best thing to do to not only protect the Fjord breed, but to also help
stop the population growth of Fjord crosses which will only contribute to the
problem of slaughter which we are trying to prevent.

#4.  Rescued Fjords will be placed up for adoption once we have gone through
the entire procedure of attempting to both find past owners and breeders, and
begin the registration process, if applicable.

Does anyone else have anything they wish to comment on?  Remember, this is an
addendum SPECIFICALLY designed for Fjord rescues.  This is not the actual
adoption contact.

Thanks,

Lynda C. Welch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vice President and Norwegian Fjord Representative,
United Equine Foundation
http://www.unitedequinefoundation.org/homepage.htm

For donations to save a Fjord, please visit PayPal.com
and enter [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Lynda and Daniel
Bailey's Norwegian Fjords
Quality Fjords--Equine Transportation--Hand-braided Tack & Accessories
White Cloud, MI
231-689-9902
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hometown.aol.com/baileysfjords/