This message is from: "Nancy Hotovy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello -

I also have a VERY old Circle Y saddle with the full quarter bars and it has
fit every Fjord I've ridden in the 10 years or so.  (Many)  I bought a new
Circle Y show saddle in the past 4 - 5 years, also with the full quarter bars
and find it fits nicely also.  I don't believe this saddle has any narrower
tree than my old one but others could be different.

My latest purchase was a Crates reining saddle with full quarter bars and it
might be my imagination but I think this saddle might be just a little bit
wider.  It does fit nicely on the horse's back and they do very well with it.

The new owners of the last two horses I sold this fall came with their own
saddles which they thought were plenty wide enough but. . . .  the first one
saddled the horse and Bjorn started shaking his head up and down and when she
cinched him up he stretched way out.  After convincing her that this was not
normal behavior, we put my saddle on him to which he stood perfectly still and
never bobbed his head.

The second one was very careful saddling Kelsey but he got very antsy,
wouldn't stand still and fussed a lot.  When I got on him, he was very "hot"
and nervous.  Again, put my saddle on him and he stood perfectly still, rode
off great and "taught" the buyers 6 year old son to ride in the round pen.  It
was great to watch when we put the boy on to ride, Kelsey dropped his head and
walked ever so gently with his young rider.  Within 1/2 hour they were
stopping, turning both ways and backing.  Needless to say one of my husbands
favorite horses has a new home.

Both instances proved to me totally what a good saddle fit really does for a
horse.

Nancy
The Upper Forty
www.upperforty.com