This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Debbie,

It could be an adhesion of the small intestine.  This is a result
sometimes after colic surgery, especially with foals.  This is when a
piece of intestine will stick to another piece of intestine, an organ, or
the body wall.  When this scar forms, the intestine can't move properly
and you then get a belly ache.  This is especially common with foals
because of the more delicate tissue.  Or, it could be that the
diverticulum wasn't really the cause of the original colic and you are
still dealing with the original problem.  Because of the increased
frequency I would lean more towards a surgical complication.  The foal
should be small enough that someone skilled with an ultrasound machine
might be able to pick up the problem.  I'm assuming that blood work has
been done and is normal.

Steve White, DVM