This message is from: "Peter & Deb Coggiola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It is very hard to lose a friend, no matter if they are horse or human, and no
matter how old they are.Our sympathies go out to you. We too had this happen
to an 11 year old Fjord mare. She was fine in the morning when we did chores.
Eating, drinking and socializing as usual. The vet happened to drive by and
look in on the horses about 11am as Hauglinda was in with two other mares who
were ready to deliver momentarily.Everything was fine.  At 3pm when our son
got off the bus from school, he went directly to the barn and Haugy was dead
in the pasture. The vet came back and did a field autopsy and could find no
reason for her death. There was no sign of struggle, gun shot, twisted gut or
anything. The heart looked good. Lungs were good. Gut was good. Tongue was
good. Haugy had simply died. Two weeks before she'd had her annual spring
health check-up and vaccinations. She had passed her check-up with flying
colors. It was a heatbreaking loss as our younger son was very attached to
her. She was the only horse he would ride. We had to wait for her yearling
filly to "grow-up" before he would ride again. Sometimes there just are no
explanations for what happens. We just have to adjust the best we can.
Deb