This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 10/1/2002 8:22:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I am wondering if anyone has had an experience like this and also if anyone
> know whether Fjords are prone to Colic or twisted intestines.
>
> We are at a loss to explain the  death of an otherwise healthy and happy
> horse.

I am so sorry.  We lost Juniper's very first foal, at 9 weeks.  And it hit
hard, she was a wonderful little thing.  The vet tried hard to save her, but
we lost her anyway.  The necropsy showed a perfectly healthy foal.  But she
colicked and colicked bad.  It is a mystery to me.

I don't know what part of the country you are in, but a good friend of mine
in New York just lost her pregnant mare quickly and unexpectedly.  They are
still a little confused about what killed her, but are leaning towards
botulism.  Apparently horses on the east coast get it a lot more frequently
than on the west coast.

Pamela
 <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/northhorse/index.html";>Northern Holiday
Horses</A>