This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Are you talking about CANINE teeth?  These are just behind the last
incisors.  Wolf teeth are tiny teeth just IN FRONT of the molars.  These
you remove.  You should NOT remove canine teeth! They will usually have a
very large root.   Yes, few mare have canines, usually, but many have wolf
teeth!  My young mare Adel has wolf teeth, but they don't seem to be a
problem.

If your "horse dentist" is calling Canine teeth "wolf teeth", I would get
another dentist!

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska

At 01:54 PM 9/6/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>This message is from: "Karen Keith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>This discussion of wolf teeth in mares is rather interesting.  My mare has
>these funny little teeth next to the last of her incisors that I had never
>seen before in another horse.  I got the "tooth fairy" out -- that's the
>horse dentist -- and he told me they were wolf teeth.  He said only about 5%
>of mares have wolf teeth.
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]