This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

DT wrote:
> Anyone in the Washington area have their Fjords starting to ready
> for cooler weather?
>
> Deb

This is an interesting subject for me because I've been trying to figure out
a pattern with my horses. I have 11 Fjords right now - one is a fuzzy
weanling colt so we won't count him. Of the other 10, I am riding 5
regularly and one occasionally. 3 of the ones being ridden regularly are
smooth, slick, and shiny, and the other two are fuzzy/furry. The
occasionally ridden one is fuzzy.

The other 4 (yearlings) are all outside 24 hours (with shelter) and one is
fuzzy, the other 3 smooth.

Two of the horses in work are kept in the barn at night - one is smooth and
one is fuzzy. The other three are kept outside all the time, with a big
run-in. Two are smooth and one is fuzzy.

So I have 6 smooth and 4 fuzzy, with no pattern as to stabling or work. The
fuzzy ones all seemed to get that way about 10 days ago. We are in Southern
Ontario and the weather is still hot and humid so I feel sorry for those
ones with winter coats already.

Lori