This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Re the question about long distance fitting of helmets....I recommend
dealing with the people who sell the helmet shades (I posted the url a few
days ago).  I ordered helmets...and they e-mailed me to make sure I was
getting the right size.  I bet they would talk with you, by phone or e-mail,
about helmet fit.  They were REALLY nice about my order.

The Dakota has a back part of the harness that you pull down as you put the
helmet on, then push up to snug the helmet to your head (or vise
versa..cannot remember which).  It makes a BIG difference in fit.

Gail

At 07:01 AM 8/17/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>At 09:20 AM 8/16/02 -0700, you wrote:
>>This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>My Troxel Dakota is a considerable improvement on the usual helmets.  It is
>>well ventilated and has a fitting mechanism that stops them from wobbling
>>around on your head.  I like it MUCH better than my old Lidlocker.  Not
>>cheap though.....the online site that has the shades sells it for about $70.
>>I don't think I paid quite that much.
>
>That doesn't really sound that expensive to me Gail for a good quality
>helmet.  I remember the first time I bought a helmet for myself for a
>snowmobile.  I was trying on all different kinds of them with prices from
>$30 - $300 or so. (this was a long time ago)  Anyway I finally asked the
>guy selling them what the differences were in all of them & how good of one
>I really needed.
>
>His answer has stuck with me for over 30 years now.  He said:
>
>"Well that depends on how much your head is worth to you."  He continued
>with "If you have a $30 head buy a $30 helmet, If you have a $300 head you
>better get a good one."
>
>So that has been the criteria for buying helmets ever since for me.  It
>just depends on the value you place on your head
>
>Mike

>Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
>Mike May, Registrar
>Voice 716-872-4114
>FAX 716-787-0497
>
>http://www.nfhr.com
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Unlimited Long Distance only $29.95/ month!
>Sign Up Today! www.netzerolongdistance.com

Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]