This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 09:20 AM 8/16/02 -0700, you wrote:
This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My Troxel Dakota is a considerable improvement on the usual helmets.  It is
well ventilated and has a fitting mechanism that stops them from wobbling
around on your head.  I like it MUCH better than my old Lidlocker.  Not
cheap though.....the online site that has the shades sells it for about $70.
I don't think I paid quite that much.

That doesn't really sound that expensive to me Gail for a good quality helmet. I remember the first time I bought a helmet for myself for a snowmobile. I was trying on all different kinds of them with prices from $30 - $300 or so. (this was a long time ago) Anyway I finally asked the guy selling them what the differences were in all of them & how good of one I really needed.

His answer has stuck with me for over 30 years now.  He said:

"Well that depends on how much your head is worth to you." He continued with "If you have a $30 head buy a $30 helmet, If you have a $300 head you better get a good one."

So that has been the criteria for buying helmets ever since for me. It just depends on the value you place on your head

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114