This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm confused about your statement here regarding the ivermectin absorption.
> Are you saying the foal absorbs the ivermectin and that is why it doesn't get
> the parasites?

Well the book didn't say, but I'm theorizing that "something" from the
ivermectin must be passing through the mares milk and being absorbed by the
foal ... since the study did said that you have to give the mare the
ivermectin within 12 hours of giving birth in order for the foal to receive
the benefit of lifelong immunity from that particular parasite, and that 12
hours is the timeframe during which the foal's gut is able to absorb stuff.
So I'm guessing that something from the ivermectin gets absorbed, and if you
give it sooner during those 12 hours it gets absorbed even better and gives
you the added benefit of immunity from foal scours too. This is all
conjecture on my part but the original study is real and scientific.

Lori