This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 6/23/2002 5:32:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I have followed it and find it works!  I cut back on the grain
> my mare was getting....after the baby is born.  I give her maybe half what
> she was getting till AFTER she's had her foal heat..

What about mares that don't get ANY grain? My family has raised horses all my
life, and I think about every foal we've ever raised has scoured in some
degree during foal heat, whether Mom was on grain & hay, just hay or pasture.
 We have found over the years that Kaopectate seems to work better than Pepto
for cleaning up the scours, and a warm washing followed by a lite coating of
Vaseline keeps the burning & hair loss to a minimum.

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
Redmond, OR