This message is from: "Michele Bigelow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

hi W. Peter Randall!

My thoughts on the following, however, YMMV.....

re:  the mane
After I let my Fjords mane grow out for the winter, I roach it totally off
in the spring.  It grows in real nice, shape wise, and is easy to trim here
and there.  I tend to keep it shorter, unless I plan on showing.

re:  h2O
All my horses, Fjords and non-Fjords LOVE to swim!  The lake is across the
street, and I take them often.  They have no hesitation going in any stream
or river.  I suppose any horse could drown....

re:  starting a young horse.
I came from a barn where we started paints and QH as 2yo.  I started ponying
my fjord foal right away, so he would get used to traffic.  I drove him for
a few years, and then I started riding him when he came 4yo.  I've been told
it is not good to start riding them any sooner....

Good luck, have fin and enjoy your extended family!

Michele