This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Beth said, " Just ask anyone who has raised an orphan how difficult it
can be to keep that foal from learning how to push its humans around."
        And I say, as the owner of an 8 year old orphan foal, AMEN!
        My poor mare misses her mother so much she nurses herself after
you give her a treat. She can't really reach her own teats, but she lifts
her hind leg, usually her left, reaches her head back there and sucks on
her tongue, for about 4-5 minutes. It is harmless enough as far as I
know, so I don't try to interrupt her. If she is tied to the trailer or
getting on the trailer, etc., she isn't allowed to, of course.
        I was wondering if anyone has ever had a foal by such a mother?
Would her mental imbalance make her reject a foal? Would she become
obsessively attached to it forever?
        Just wondering,
        Valerie