This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reflocking doesn't change the tree at all. It changes the shape and firmness of the padding between the horse and the tree. It can only be done properly on a good quality English saddle -- western saddles don't have the same type of construction.

It IS a legitimate and time-honored way to adjust an English saddle. Make sure you find a saddler who is experienced in reflocking a saddle to correctly fit the horse -- the process is more than just "poking stuffing in."

DeeAnna

Lisa Wiley wrote:
...One tack shop owner suggested having it reflocked.  I had no
idea you could reflock a saddle and change the tree. Doesn't sound possible to me....