This message is from: "Steve Sessoms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://marestare.com/Contest%20Results.htm

And, Arlo, my gorgeous "red dun" colt (Kastanjegarten's Fernando X NFR Aagot by
Leik) snuck some black hairs in his mane and tail.  When I separated his hairs
and looked down near the skin his new mane and tail hair is b-l-a-c-k . so, he
is turning into a brown dun!  He didn't have a hint of a black hair anywhere
until almost 3 months of age, there was not even a single stray black hair in
his mane!  There is no way he is a grey dun because he has no smudginess around
his eyes or on his muzzle and no dark eyebrows.  And I don't think he is a white
dun because his face is as brown as his red dun dam's with contrasting white
pangare.  I was so sure he was a red dun I would have bet the house on it.

I am so excited about Arlo, he is such a joy.  But it is a real challenge
raising a stud colt!  At 3 months he is growing so bold, mostly with the other
horses.  I was afraid to lead a mare in the pasture with him for a few days.
But I think I have a handle on him now, I don't do anything without eyes in the
back of my head and it is much easier to put a stop to bad behavior before it
starts.  He is so cute running to see me all snort and blow, but when he gets a
few steps away he slows to a very polite walk - such a good boy.  He tries to
behave like a gentleman at all times near me.  I borrowed some of my friends
Parelli DVDs and we have been practicing lots of little baby exercises in
getting him to 'give' to the feel of rope and hand pressure, and pick up his
little feet with hand and with rope.  He does it so well I think he snuck in and
watched the DVDs when I was asleep.  =)

And big sister Anjee (MVF Karival X NFR Aagot by Leik) was so cute yesterday.
We unhitched the trailer in the foal paddock and left it wide open for Arlo to
investigate.   Then I took all the horses there to rest in the paddock's shade
out of the sun.  Well, Anjee, home from a fun exciting trip to Fjords and
Friends in NC, wanted to show baby brother how cool it was to get into a horse
trailer.  She would walk into it, stomp around a little bit, turn around, and
then I would see her head come out the back and crane around looking for Arlo as
if to say, "Arlo, are you watching?  This is how we do it.  You have to watch!"
She did that several times.  I swear, these horses are so smart!

Meredith Sessoms
Moulton AL USA
~ Dorina . NFR Aagot . TK Anjanette . TK Arlo . Pepper, the black one ~