This message is from: "Kim Nord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi All:

I just got my 8yo paint mare back after six months at my trainers where she
showed a dozen times and was alway in the ribbons, and several times show
champion mare. She has shown in Ranch horse, and western pleasure, english,
intro dressage, hunter jumper, you name it.
I was intimidated by her and did not ride her much when I had her here. She
was a broodmare and produced a lovely filly.
I have had her for sale for the past year and she has not sold; of course I
paid $6500 and was asking more, lol.
I rode her today in the arena and am blown away. She is the best horse to
learn on, and has such a wonderful attitude. Something I have to thank Deanna
for as she was somewhat of a bitch when she was here before. (Of course she
was preggers, then had a youngin').
My question: I think I may keep her. She is a love. But I hate mares. BTW she
was in season (raging) today. She got here yesterday, and we rode her in the
arena (three riders) for an hour and a half and she was awesome. But I have
three other geldings, and am negotiating on a fourth. I am downsizing to a
house/barn combo and had planned on only four horses. I could stretch that to
five, but only if I can turn all out together.
Does anyone have a lone mare out with a bunch of boys? My geldings are:
4 and 5 yo Friesians, both gelded in the last year and one bred.
22yo Fjord and (probably) a 5 or 6 yo Fjord, both not recently gelded.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this. I DO NOT want to complicate my
(newly) simplified barn. But this girl is so nice, and, I guess I missed her.
Thanks,
Kim