This message is from: "jerrell friz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Why is this? That the fish will live in a water trough and not a man made
pond?
Lori                       GOOD QUESTION!

I would say it works like your septic tank system. If you did nothing to your stock tank but add water once in awhile [especially city chlorinated water, kills all the good,and bad, bacteria] it would become a sludge mess. So, you do need to do some maintenance on it. Same as you do with your septic tank. We have ours pumped every 3 years. If we had a house full, then it would be more often.

The fish are really a good indicator of the health of your tank. Dead fish, bad water. Pretty soon,,, dead horses. Our solders, [many years ago] used to carry canary's, to detect poison gas, dead canary, better get the gas mask on pronto! dah !

Regards,
Jerry Friz,
Anderson,Ca.

For your security this Message has been checked for Viruses as a courtesy of
Com-Pair Services!