This message is from: Bonnie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have used clicker-based training for my dogs. I have trained all the upper-level obedience skills and agility with this method. Clicker training can be an amazing thing.

This lamb was shown in the very beginning stages of learning agility. There is alot of luring to teach the obstacles. Clearly, the lamb understood the click and what it meant and showed classic responses. Given alittle time I am sure the lamb would no longer need luring, but instead, as Gail stated, you would use a varied or delayed reward. We used to raise sheep, and no offense Janet, but I found them to be as dumb as stumps most of the time. So I was impressed that the lamb did so well. She was very treat motivated. As you withdraw the treats, the reward (for most dogs anyways) is all the fun doing agility. That becomes the reward. It would be interesting to see if the lamb would do an entire agility course once it's fully trained.
Just my 2 cents.

bonnie